We require full invoice details on making a booking, on receiving your invoice via email this is confirmation you agree with the event details and our booking terms as stated. We unfortunately are unable to 'hold' or 'reserve' any event space for you until event details are confirmed and invoice details provided.
Company events are subject to VAT at current rate and event invoices must be paid in full prior to the event date. Card or online payments will be subject to a 3% transaction fee. BACS transfer payments or cheques no fee applies.
We do not offer any form of credit or refund under any circumstance other than any issues agreed with Management. Administration charges of £250 may be applied.
The following charges apply to all confirmed bookings upon cancellation:
(A) if cancelled more than four weeks before the event, we will not charge you any cancellation fee.
(B) if cancelled less than four and more than two weeks before the event, we will charge 50% of the total event invoice.
(C) if cancelled less than two weeks before the event, we will charge 100% of the total event invoice.
For us, postponement is the same as cancellation - the above rates will still apply if you decide to change the date of your booking.
All private events are secured at the point of booking by a £10 per head non refundable deposit. Stag & Hen packages require £20 per head deposit. Junior events may be pre charged to a membership card with no refunds offered if drivers do not show. For telephone bookings this is made by providing card details or you can book directly at the venue with cash, card or cheque. Credit or Debit cards must be private and credit cards subject to 3% transaction fee. The deposit is non refundable, or transferrable without exception.
For exclusive packages we charge a one off fee no matter how many drivers turn up on the event.
- Once the dates/times of your event have been confirmed by invoice or deposit they can only be altered or moved subject to the applicable charge.
- Any food orders must be received at least 7 days prior to your event giving us time to order with our suppliers. Please make any special dietary requirements known.
- Any unnecessary damage caused to the venue or equipment by your party will be charged for at cost price for the item and labour for any fitting. Please note that we charge £45 per race suit & and £40 per crash helmet damaged or stolen.
- Any property, decorations or equipment left at the venue during or after the event is done so at the client's own risk
- Yorkshire Karting Ltd cannot be held responsible for exceptional weather conditions, suspension of travel or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control; and no such circumstances will be considered grounds for cancellation without charge.
- No refunds are made onsite at the venue. Any issues relating to a refund should be received in writing up to 48 hours after your event date.
- No alcohol or drugs are to be consumed by any driver before or during an event. If we suspect anybody in the group has consumed alcohol or drugs they will be disqualified from racing or the event will be terminated. In such cases all deposits or race fees will be lost and invoices will remain valid.
Rules & Regulations:
PPiK is a members only venue. You will have a safety briefing before your event begins.
Please read the points below so you have a basic understanding of the PPiK race rules & regulations. Important - Motorsport is dangerous & you could get injured if you don't comply with the following:
- The minimum age for Adult karting is 16 and Junior Karting is 8. Photo I.D may be required before being allowed onCircuit
- Customers must bring sensible footwear & comfortable clothing. We recommend trainers or flat shoes. No high heels or open footwear.
- All safety equipment must be worn correctly; suit zipped, helmet fastened, visor down, gloves and hair net on.
- Karting is a non contact sport - you will be penalised for deliberate contact on circuit. Persistent offenders will be eliminated with no refunds given.
- Drivers with long hair must tuck it in underneath the suit.
- No height or weight restrictions - however: Drivers over 6'4" or 17 stone should visit prior to booking an event and try the karts for size.
- The safety of the customer & track staff is paramount - anybody who disobeys rules or becomes abusive with be asked the leave the venue.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or stop sessions at any time.
- Minimum age for alcohol in the bar is 18, ID may be required.
- Green = Go
- Yellow = Accident, slow to walking pace, no overtaking
- Blue = About to be lapped
- Black Flag = Penalty for dangerous driving, speeding on yellow lights or contact. 3 black flags result in elimination from the event
- Checkered = End of race
- Red = Session stopped wait for further instruction